Tuesday, November 09, 2004

So Much For Exit Polling

      All I have to say about this: if this is even remotely close to true, I want my groupies and I want 'em now....   

      70%?!?! No Way, Hose A.


      UPDATE (11/17/04): Thanks to someone either being too kind or taking an ironic kind of pity on me-- I'm hardly sure which-- I'm now 72.7% hot, which has to be about 71.7% too high.   Not that I'm complaining, of course.   I would never complain about that....    I have to note, though, that my easiness factor has improved a bit.   I wonder what people mean by "easiness." If it's something other than being a tough/easy grader, I want to assure everyone of one thing: I am not easy; I'm just remarkably affordable.  

6 comments:

Dr J said...

Queenie, did you leave that last review? If you did, you're far too kind. :-) And if you need any help with King Lear, just say the word.

ROFL

Queenie said...

Actually, I did quite grand on my own.
The first three pages were horrible, but then my brain adjusted.
I think poor Kent was deserving of applause.

Q

Dr J said...

Glad to hear you did well with it in the end, Q. KL's a grand play, one of my favourites (and possibly my favourite to teach). Have you seen the Japanese film version-- well, variation, really-- called Ran? If not, you should: it has some of the most brilliant battle-scenes ever filmed.

Not that this would have helped much, but I did a review of Christopher Plummer's Lear at Stratford some years ago. If you want, you can read it here. Lear has some great characters, including the often-misunderstood Albany-- but that subject's a lecture in itself.... Cheers.

Dr J said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Queenie said...

I think your students must love you.

Q

Dr J said...

You'd have to ask them that. Besides, any answer I might give to it would make me sound like Bill Clinton. ;-)