Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Endeles Knot: Blast From The Past

      Warning: this will probably prove a dreadful bore, except for the person that requested this, so proceed at the risk of your duldrums. Herewith, scans of an absolutely antediluvian essay on Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, replete with (gasp!) illustrations and Lord-only-knows how many embarrassing errors.



Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9


The Pentangle Full Formed



      I've been promising for what now seems an aeon to reproduce this essay for RB, a piece I wrote sometime when I was ostensibly young. It was an undergrad paper (96?) that eventuall provided the material for my first lecture in 1997. Pardon the pencil marks which, if memory serves, are from editing these blasted notes for turning them into that lecture. I don't know if this is worth anyone's time-- I doubt it was worth mine when I wrote it-- but, well, there it is, as promised. Talk about elementary narratology, even if makes an argument I've never yet seen made about Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Blast from the rotten, musty, mildew-covered past.

No comments: