Monday, February 28, 2005

So Long Ago, So Very Far Away, or
     A Portrait Of The Doctor As A Young Idiot

      A rare image of the Not-So-Good Doctor-- before, in fact, he was even called that-- a hundred million years ago. Or, more accurately, 1995. Frankly, I can't decide if I like this picture or hate it; it's certainly not flattering, no picture of the Doc ever being that, but in a strange way it "sums me up," a shrugging, tired, wind-blown and utterly dissheveled figure, strangely placed against the backdrop of history. Strange, too, how much has changed-- and how little. The history, for the record: a day in Montreal during the last referendum silliness.



      Argh. I don't quite know why I'm posting this here. Like most pictures of myself, I probably won't be able to bear looking at it for long, so count on it being removed when I'm feeling a little less philosophical and a little more cynical.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jer, this is a great pic - so you! btw, was this during the Solidarity Rally. my god, i think i was there too ... isn't that messed up?!

Vixen said...

Jer, nice picture, really captures you well.

Anonymous said...

Yerse...that dreamy but alert look, like a golden retriever remembering its last pleasant pheasant.

Anonymous said...

Nice pic. Don't know about "essence capturing", but certainly -- compositionally -- a nice pic. Subject matter not too bad, I suppose, either, if I wanted to be kind, which, I guess, I do...

Anonymous said...

Dr. J, I love this picture of you. It is so freaking hot, maybe cuz you are so hot.